Monday, June 1, 2009

Starlight Parade

On Saturday it was Portland's Starlight Parade. I got to march in it with the TuHS marching band. Last parade I will ever play my trumpet and march in. It wasn't too bad, but it was HOT! Like, 80 degrees! And we wear wool uniforms... Anyway, I was told we looked and wounded good. Emily saw me on TV. I hear my family and friends cheering. It was pretty good. Halfway through the parade though, my stomach started to hurt badly enought that I couldn't play. I held my trumpet up and just marched. But that was after the judges and TV cameras so it was ok.
The last time I WATCHED the Starlight parade was a long time ago. I went with uncle Michael. I don't remember much, except that on the way home I tried really really hard not to fall asleep. I failed. haha!

1 more day of high school!

No comments: