Monday, March 15, 2010

the benefits of Catering


I work at BYU Catering. My pay is ridiculous. Basically nothing. One of my Captains pointed out that we get paid better in food than money. After work/on break, we can eat leftover food. That means chicken or steak or ham or salmon, mashed potatoes, vegetables, salad, rolls, fruit, and dessert! The best desserts are the cake and peach cobbler. Sometimes the food we eat costs up to $15+ a plate! We also get to know the codes to locked-to-normal-people doors in the WILK. And we get to ride in and operate the big equipment elevators. One other benefit is sometimes we get to take things home. Last time I worked, the Closer had a bouquet of yellow daffodils. She said, "who wants these?" Who do you think got them? ME! I love yellow flowers and those happy flowers made a long day at work totally worth it...

No comments: