Tuesday, May 11, 2010

naps are a necessity...when you're 4

Last week I babysat my cousins for the whole week. The biggest thing I learned? Four year olds CANNOT miss their naps! The day he missed his nap, we had more meltdowns than I can count! Meltdown over who made the salad: "I want to make the salad!" "Do you know how to make salad?" "No." oh dear. Meltdown over playing catch. Meltdown over going through the gate. Meltdown over getting in the car. Meltdowns left and right. So word of advice: Make sure the four year old you are watching takes a nap!

1 comment:

mlmitton said...

I know you've babysat them a million times, but I'm wondering how much harder it was for you to be on-call 24 hours a day. You'd think it's just a long baby sitting session, but it's pretty different, don't you think?

Speaking of naps, somebody in this household needs one now. Eli probably does too.