Saturday, June 19, 2010

Book Review: The Host by Stephenie Meyer

I have read more books than I could ever count. Since I read so much, and read so many good books, it's hard to pick 'favorites'. But The Host by Stephenie Meyer is defnitely on my list of Favorite Books.
Once again, Stephenie Meyer bombards the reader with crazy creativity. The Host is her only adult novel so far. It follows the story of a Soul named Wanderer who inhabits the human body of a woman named Melanie. Souls must have a Host Body in order to survive. Wanderer has lived on more planets and in more species than almost any other Soul, and is therefore a bit of a celebrity within her species. But as she inhabits Melanie's body, she makes some friends that should technically be her enemies.
The Host is a very well written book. It has much better character depth, development, and plot line compared to the Twilight series. Stephenie Meyer is able to change how you feel about certain characters, which in my opinion, shows fantastic writing skills. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

No comments: