Wednesday, February 9, 2011

For FrEEEEEE?

For any of you who know where that title comes from, you win a pat on the back. So reach back there and pat it.

A few weeks ago, I got a ad on Facebook that was advertising Garnet earrings for free. Well, since I am a college student and really big on sales, I LOVE free stuff! So I clicked on it. It said the jewelry company was giving away these normally $89 earrings for free - all I had to do was pay shipping and handling. Well, first I thought it was a scam. But I did my research - looked further into the company and their products - and it ended up seeming pretty legit. So I decided to order those earrings.
After entering all my information and paying for shipping/handling, it told me the earrings would come within 5 to 7 business days. So I figured the middle of the following week. Well a couple weeks went by and still no earrings. I came to terms with myself that it was a scam and I had just lost $7 and should probably pay close attention to my bank account. But then...they showed up in my mailbox! Hooray! So today I am wearing some beautiful red garnet heart-shaped earrings that I got for super cheap!
(please excuse the blurriness of the picture; my camera couldn't figure out what I wanted it to focus on.)

1 comment:

I'm Lindsey... said...

Ooooo!!! I know that movie. . . Bedtime Stories. I just claimed my pat on the back. :)