Saturday, September 3, 2011

Jerusalem


My amazing and beautiful cousin Desiree is officially in Jerusalem for the semester! She is one of my very best friends and I am a bit bummed to not be joining her on this grand adventure. She started a blog and I thought ya'll might like to follow it. You can see it here.

This is a picture of us the night before she left - in her very Jerusalem-appropriate shirt! :)

When the BYU Jerusalem Center was built one of the "compromises" was that the students would not be allowed to proselytize. But then one of the Israelis asked the big question, "But what can we do about the light in the student's eyes?"
I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true and I also know that Christ lives and walked where Desiree now has the opportunity to walk. This is a fantastic experience she is having and I am looking forward to reading all about it!

No comments: