Sunday, September 11, 2011

September, 11, 2001




On that day, I remember walking down the stairs to eat my typical cereal for breakfast before going to 5th grade. I walked into the family room and saw my dad starting at the TV. The TV was never on before school - it was a rule in our house. I started to ask my dad a question, I can't remember what it was, but it was probably something unimportant. He snapped at me, telling me to be quiet. My dad never snapped like that, and right then I knew something was wrong. I remember standing there in the family room, watching my parents stare at the TV, call relatives and receive calls. I went to school that day, but I remember the teachers being somber and the next day we all wore patriotic shirts.
Even though I don't remember much from that day, I do know that I will never forget what happened on September 11, 2001.

1 comment:

GoAbbles said...

Nice. I won't forget this day either.