Monday, March 7, 2011

Accomplished

So I have this need to read "classics" to make myself seem well read and knowledgeable. And I can now officially say that I have finished a book by Dickens. I was a few weeks late for the credit in British Literature, but I finished Hard Times. Dickens was not as hard to read as I expected. I think that I should continue to read his stuff. I liked Hard Times even though it was not particularly happy. I have also now read The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. It was quite hilarious and I really enjoyed it. I also then watched the movie (not the new one with the Mr. Darcy from the 2-hour version of Pride and Prejudice). My book club just finished Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, which I also throughly enjoyed. And next we are reading Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, which is currently already on my book shelf. So I am on my way to being a well-read person. Woohoo for me. :)

No comments: