Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Writing Sample for Creative Writing

Writing Samples are a page of whatever. So this story's not done. Enjoy!

Alyssa smudged the pencil with her pinky finger and leaned back to look at the effect. It gave a foggy look to the piece. She smiled, please with the outcome. She gathered up her art supplies and headed to her locker.

“Hey Alyssa.”

Alyssa looked up, brushing her long hair away from her face and at the same time smearing pencil across her cheek.

“Hey Stuart. What’s up?”

“I was wondering if you were going to go to the art show at the college tonight?” Stuart rubbed his shin with his foot and fiddled with his backpack. He tried not to grin at the pencil line.

“Well, I wanted to, but I never got tickets.” Alyssa felt the familiar disappointment wash over her. She had wanted tickets so badly but got stuck babysitting her little brother and didn’t get to the college before they were sold out. She had been so mad.

Stuart smiled. “Look!” He pulled two bright green tickets from his pocket. “Want to go with me?”

“Oh my gosh! How did you get those? Of course I want to go!” Alyssa was practically bouncing she was so excited.

Stuart’s smile grew. “I stood in line for like two hours,” he said proudly.

“Stuart, you’re awesome! I would love to go!” Alyssa went up on her toes and kissed him on the cheek.

“Great!” said Stuart, blushing. “See you at seven.” He smiled with excitement.

No comments: